This section will give you an overview of Rametron lite and stakes to a Rametron lite Node, for the Pando Network.
Using FFmpeg this layer is mainly used to handle transcoding requests from users, using community member desktop-based package systems (Ubuntu, Mac and Window) further sending transcoding versions to the Rametron pro layer to save.
Transcoding is a process by which a raw video stream is adapted to many alternative formats that a viewer may need. This allows the same video to be watched from a smartphone, tablet or a laptop and still be seen in the highest possible quality. Transcoding is a computationally difficult task and thus requires an expensive hardware to be performed efficiently.
Rametron Lite can also be placed on a server with Rametron Pro's specification. Rametron Lite that is placed in server is called Rametron Lite-S.
The minimum token amount to stake is 1,000 PTX. The minimum hardware requirements are:
Staking through Web Wallet, the “Pando Wallet” logo unlocks your Pando wallet using your typical access method. You can easily access the Pando Web Wallet from your desktop/laptop.
On the desktop, you can now see "Unlock Your Wallet".
Use your typical access method((keystore, seed phrase, private key, etc.) and then add "Choose Keystore file" and enter your wallet password.
Enter Keystore file and Password
Once your wallet is unlocked, you can have complete access to your pando wallet.
Click the “Stakes” tab of the menu. Next, you need to click “Deposit Stake” and then click "Rametron Node"
You could now see different Rametron nodes. Click on "Rametron Lite" and then click on Continue. It will lead you to the "Deposit Stake".
In the Deposit Stake, click on Choose Public Node, choose one of the public node from the list to stake, drop down will appear in the Rametron Node Holder(Summary).You could even refer the following link Public Node Pool for Rametron Staking.
In the Amount section, enter the amount of PTX you want to stake to this node and click “Deposit Stake".
Note that you need to stake at least 1,000 PTX.
After reviewing your stake deposit info on the next screen, enter your wallet password, then click on "Deposit Stake". After the stake deposit transaction is confirmed, you can view your Rametron deposit detail in dashboard screen, which is in the "Stake" Tab.
To withdraw your staked tokens from the Rametron Node using the Pando Web Wallet, click on the "Stakes" tab and then on the "Withdraw Stake" button.
On the next screen, select the "Rametron". After this you need to click on "Continue" button. After clicking on continue, this will ask to enter "Rametron Node Address".
After entering that you need to click on "Withdraw Stake button"
Withdrawn stakes will be returned to your wallet address after following these steps.
In the "Stakes" section of your Pando wallet, you'll now see the stake's Withdrawn status has been changed to "Yes".
Once user does the withdrawal, the token is not immediately available in the wallet , it will take approximately 6 months. From the time that user asked for withdrawal it will take 2.4 millions block height for the stake to be available in user wallet
One Rametron gets job allocation at a time. The criteria for the job allocation are as follows:
- 1.Online: The Rametron must be Online in the Pando Network.
- 2.Nearby: Rametron must be nearby from where we start to upload, transcode, relay, store or stream.
- 3.Available: Rametron must not be engaged, rather it should be available.
The user can earn various rewards by engaging themself actively on Rametron Lite. These are few ways by which the users earn rewards:
- 1.Proof of Engagement(PoE)- It is received according to the time spend by a user online. The reward received in PTX will be equivalent to ~$0.01 per minute.
- 2.Referral reward- If a referral from a user gets selected then, the user will earn the referral reward, which will be credited to their wallet directly from the Pando Blockchain.
- 3.Proof of Network(PoN) Rewards- Based on the activity status of this icon, it provides the consolidated PoN rewards. INextRametron Mobilet will get credited to the attached wallet directly by the Pando Blockchain.
If the Rametron nodes depart from the protocol, there would be few penalties against them.
If a Rametron is working for a job and suddenly decides to discontinue or leave, there would be penalties against them. Rametron Nodes will need to perform well in terms of node availability, hardware, and bandwidth in order to efficiently Stream, Store, Relay and Transcode data files and provide content to consumers. Our platform will use Proof-of-Engagement (PoE), Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Proof-of-View (PoV) methods to check uptime and engagement (and act as collateral against poor performance and malfeasance) to ensure that Rametron Nodes adhere to minimal uptime criteria.
*If the Rametron does not follow these criterias then, it will be blocked for next 24 hours.*
Rametron Lite Download
Their you will see the option to download Rametron Lite.
From the link that has been given for the respective OS, you will be able to download Rametron Lite.
By Using this on Backend, we will perform the following process to activate Wallet:
- 1.Verify if the minimum required stake is available in Wallet or not.
- 2.Check Stake withdrawal status for mentioned Wallet.
- 3.Also, do transaction of 0.001 PTX to confirm ownership of wallet.
- 4.Check if this wallet is attached with any other system or not (Basis of RT ID- Unique Identity of each system in Network).
If in case there is any issue in the process mentioned above, respective pop-up message will be shown to the user on their screen
As shown in the above screenshot, Dashboard is mainly divided in five section. A brief detail for the same has been shown below:
We make sure that the user gets his job done on time and thus we make sure that all our Rametrons are working actively and efficiently. If the Rametron has been assigned a job and he is not working on it or not following the respective criteria, then the Rametron will be blocked and the job will be assigned to another Rametron. Below are the mentioned scenarios in which the RT will be blocked:
If the RT Tracker does not receive any response from the User RT for 20 minutes.
- 2.File>=100 MB
If the RT Tracker does not receive any response from the User RT for 30 minutes.
- 3.File>500 MB
If the RT Tracker does not receive any response from the User RT for 60 minutes.
- 4.If the User RT, to whom the job has been allocated gets Offline for 5 minutes, then that respective RT gets blocked and his job is assigned to the other available RT.
- 1.RT tracker benchmark for internet connectivity is 1mbps, but for RT system requirement we need higher spec, please refer to our official document for RT spec requirement.
- 2.If there is No Signal( communication) between RT tracker and RT user for 4 minutes with 1 minute additional buffer after the job allocation to the RT, the job will be assign to next RT and the current RT will be blocked for next 24hrs.
- 3.All the blocked RT will be unblocked automatically after the 24hrs time frame, to maintain the health of the Pando network.
Once Rametron is Online on Network, whenever a Video is uploaded on our infrastructure, either from our Pando DAPP or other partners, our 2nd Generation of Job allocation and transcoding Algorithm will find Rametron Lite which can serve this job (Video Transcoding) fastest and in the most effective way on basis of parameters like nearest (From video uploader), with best internet speed, higher computational capacity, etc as per the uploaded video site.
Algorithm will also randomize job allocation, so that each Rametron holder will get transcoding job in a balanced way. Everyone will get job opportunities, as each video that is being uploaded will get transcoding in stages for different screen sizes.
After completion of each job, POE (Proof of Engagement) reward will get credited directly to the attached wallet in a time span of 3 minutes to 45 Minutes.
Feel free to raise your query as our developer community members will love to answer and understand them !